On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 9:11 AM Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would expect this info to come from plugin.xml and config.xml. I haven’t
> looked at Android innards in a long time, but doesn’t this just mirror their
> intents? Play store tells users the capabilities of each app, and this is all
> pulled together from the plugins ..

As Norman mentioned, this is sortof a new thing that Apple is
requiring and doesn't match well to any existing metadata being
provided.

I think we could use config.xml/plugin.xml to handle the declarations,
but it should be with new elements and a structure similar to the JSON
that Bryan is proposing, rather than using <edit-config> or
<config-file> to inject directly into the plist.
That will require adding some new tag to act as a container for the
declarations, and tags for the declarations themselves (unless we want
to dump plist formatted data directly into config.xml, which seems
like it's maybe not the best structure).