Hi Marvin,

Very true. I am sorry that we did not come to the IPMC sooner. Perhaps after my
second attempt to cool things. Maybe a mentor should use frustration to
determine when ask for help. Maybe it should not be private@. What if there was
a mentor@ private ML explicitly for this help? Mentor confidential.

I think the Incubator being separate from ComDev may also be an issue. It can
take time to grow a community and learn the balance between policy and pace of
conversation. Apache can not be only policy. To many in the podling it began to
feel like that - only policy. People asked for that to cool.

Also Apache needs a release policy for binaries that would allow the best UX/UI
API for the platform to be used even if it is GPL. If you have subscribed to
legal-discuss the last few months you know why that discussion was impossible.
If that can be worked out then at least it would help other projects.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone