Ooops...

On 06/02/2009, at 1:32 PM, Antony Blakey wrote:

In short, I think it is a mistake to try and hide the different characteristics of local (even clustered) operations, and replication. You may disagree, but if the system distinguishes between these two fundamentally different things (distinguished by their partition-tolerance), you can code as though every operation leads to conflict if you wish, but I can't take advantage of the difference.

... if the system doesn't distinguish between those two cases. Distinguishing between the two cases allows for a wider range of uses and application models.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.