For a reminder :

revision  (n)
1. the act or process of revising,
2. a corrected or new version of a book, article, etc.

For me this term is correct with the use in Couch

I think a good explanation of what a compaction/replication are doing (ie
removing  old rev, or replicating only current rev) is the right solution to
this misunderstanding

- Remove the ability to get old revisions

-1 : This functionnality is interesting for some case studies

 - Make it much harder/verbose to get old revision

-1 : I don't see the utility of this

- Make the api to get old revisions something like
>> "?old_rev_that_might_still_be_on_disk=...."

0 :

> - Don't call them revisions, call them "turd blossoms" or "hobo socks".
>> People won't know what they are, but at least they won't misuse them.

-1 : revision seems the right term to me