This release was uploaded to Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) a few hours ago,
narrowly beating the final release freeze, so it will have a LOT of new
users. We're putting the final touches on the server side of
https://one.ubuntu.com and by the time Ubuntu 9.10 is released on
October 29th every single Ubuntu user will have an address book stored
in CouchDB that replicates with one.ubuntu.com, and Tomboy notes that
are replicated via a web API at the application but then stored in
CouchDB and carried along in the CouchDB replication that we have set
up. Optionally they can also store all their Firefox bookmarks in
CouchDB and have those replicated as well. We'll be doing our best to
help teach application developers to use CouchDB in order to
"cloud-enable" their apps. A couch on every desktop!

Thanks, this is awesome.

I'd like to say thank you to the whole CouchDB developer community for
tirelessly hacking on such a cool project, and for the extra efforts
many of you have made to pull 0.10 together in time for the Ubuntu
release. It's risky building a new service that depends on beta
technology, but what I've seen from this project fills me with
confidence that we made the right choice for Ubuntu. Anyone working on
CouchDB who's interested is very welcome to attend the Ubuntu Developer
summit November 16-20 in Dallas: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-L

With my gadfly hat on, do you think you could co-ordinate pushing up this to Debian too?

Thanks,

Noah