On 16 Nov 2009, at 19:01, Paul Davis wrote:

As soon as I commit the couchjs refactor it should be extremely easy
(relatively speaking) to replace the HTTP interface with any sort of
bindings that are desired. I made sure to have the HTTP interface
enabled by a single function call so that the command line switch to
enable it would be simpler. A couple #ifdef's and that could easily be
swapped to a ./configure defined implementation. There's also the
possibility of having a compile time disabling of the HTTP support
which I contemplated for making the cURL dependency optional.

If configure.ac, instead of failing, set a HAS_CURL variable, and #ifdef on that.

Ping me if you need help with this bit.