On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Duane Almond Sto. Tomas
<dua...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having problem getting the right results in my coordinate system.
> To explain my system, I have this simple database that have x_axis, y_axis
> and name columns. I don't need to get all the data, I just need to display
> some part of it.

The fundamental problem is that CouchDB indexes are 1-dimensional.
Essentially a sorted list. You can pull out every point between 2
lines of longitude. You can pull out every point between 2 lines of
latitude.

But when you need points within a bounding box, you have to pull out
all of the above, and intersect them in your application. (There are
some optimizations you do, but fundamentally, this is the issue.)

This general problem is addressed with geo indexers. You might want to
take a look at this one for Couch:

http://vmx.cx/cgi-bin/blog/index.cgi/geocouch-new-release-0.10.0:2009-09-19:en,CouchDB,Python,geo

Chris

--