On Feb 19, 2010, at 6:43 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:

> * Paul Davis:
>
>> Do you have any examples of how other sites have protected against
>> this? Unless I'm missing something I don't see how this is specific to
>> Futon so surely someone else has some explicit documentation on how to
>> avoid such things.
>
> The standard countermeasure puts session identifiers into URLs
> (sometimes they are called "form tokens", but this doesn't fit the
> context here).
>
> Upon login, the client could specify if it wants a session with or
> without form tokens.

Because of the sensitive nature of security issues we've been discussing this
on the security list.

The consensus is that we should use a nonce-based system for any requests that
accept form POSTs.

You've mentioned a couple of times that XHR can make cross-domain post
requests. I'm not sure this is the case (I know you can do cross domain form
posts).

If you have a resource or example showing cross-domain XHR with a JSON content
type we'd love to see it so we can take it into account.

Chris