Hi All,

delayed_commits were enabled to have better performance especially for single writers. The price you pay for is that you potentially lose up to one second of writes in case of a crash.

Such a setting makes sense, though in my opinion it shouldn't be enabled by default. I expect* that people running into performance issues at least take a look at the README or a FAQ section somewhere. There the delayed_commit setting could be pointed out.

I'd like to be able to say that on a vanilla CouchDB it's hard to lose data, but I can't atm. I'm also well aware that there will be plenty of performance tests when 1.0 is released and people will complain (if delayed_commits would be set to false by default) that it is horrible slow. Though safety of the data is more important for me.

If the only reason why delayed_commits is true by default are the performance tests of some noobs, I really don't think it's a price worth paying.

*I know that in reality people don't

I would like to see delayed_commits=false for 1.0

Cheers,
  Volker