+1 for a refactor.

GeoCouch duplicates a lot of code. I tried to keep the names in as similar (though meaningful) to the original ones as possible to see where the duplicated code is.

I would love to see that everyone who wants a new kind of indexer just need to provide the data structure and all the design document handling, updater (group) handling, list functions etc is done automatically.

Cheers,
  Volker