On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 17:07, Robert Dionne
<dio...@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> couch_file has a close function which presumably does the right thing, but
> it's only called from couch_db_update:terminate

It just shuts down the process. The question on the table is whether
that will close the raw file opened by the process as well. Stephen,
can you reproduce the issue with .couch files if you set max_open_dbs
really low (like 2) and repeatedly access three or four databases? If
not, then I suspect it's a ref counting issue with the view index and
not directly related to couch_file at all.

-Randall