2010/10/14 Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>:

>>> The only concern I have is that I believe we need R13 for rebar and
>>> right now Couch only requires a minumum of R12B5, no? So it means
>>> dumping the dependency requirements.

> lapsus? ;) Most of the distributions are using erlang > r13b03, (even
> openbsd!), maybe not old centos,  but I think it's ok to do that
> today.

I don't fully understand why people still believe that minimum
requirement for CouchDB is R12B5, because last released ver. 1.0.1
requires 5 additional patches for mochiweb and 2 patches for couchdb
itself just for passing self-tests.

Regarding switch to rebar - I don't see any significant benefits.
Compiling *.erl files into *.beam and properly install them is not a
rocket science and requires only few lines of shell scripting. At
least on Linux. On the other hand I don't see any issues too (although
I don't care about other OS than Linux)

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.