The "draft" status isn't what would keep WebSockets out of CouchDB. CouchDB
uses HTTP for it's API, so unless CouchDB were to pipe HTTP over the
WebSocket protocol (which would be silly) or implement a straight
TCP/IP-based API (which is highly unlikely), WebSockets doesn't bring much
to the table.

If you're looking for "streamed" data from CouchDB, you might checkout the
_changes feed. There's also been some Comet work done in the past (I think).

If you're looking for incoming "streamed" data, Max Ogden's put up some
Pubsubhubbub stuff for CouchDB:
http://github.com/maxogden/couchpubtato

Do you have a specific use case you're trying to solve with WebSockets?