Dirkjan,

thanks for your offer, I think it is a great idea to add more helping
hands to the release process.

The first stop for making a release is
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_procedure

In general, you should be able to build and test CouchDB from source
and be comfortable with the troubleshooting of issues, but I know
you are :)

Cheers
Jan