Chris,

  This is an excellent idea. Currently the entire suite of browser tests are
also run from the command line, where we overload the CouchDB definition and
use couchjs. We could break the suite out with a subset staying in
share/www/script/test  to be used as you suggest, and the lion's share of them
moving to test/javascript  to be run as part of "make check". They serve a
great role in testing end-end but go a little too far in making use of the
browser.

   I'll take a closer look at this over the weekend.

Best,

Bob