On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Johannes J. Schmidt (JIRA)
<j...@apache.org> wrote:

>    [
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1175?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13051482#comment-13051482
>  ]
>
> Johannes J. Schmidt commented on COUCHDB-1175:
>
> Hey come on, this is a very relevant bug. For me its a blocker to use 1.0.2
> until this is fixed.
>
> My scenario:
> I have a CouchApp and give my users their own dbs, which they can secure if
> they want to.
> Behind a vhost I route example.com/myfairuser to a list function inside the
> db myfairuser.
> Now imagine myfairuser is secured. How can you login there?
> Don't tell me the user has to return to example.com after reading the nice
> {"error":"unauthorized","reason":"You are not authorized to access this db."}
> using the browser navigation.

Not sure to understand here?

If header is not "WWW-Authenticate"b but something else, ajax will be
abble to catch it as an error, then on error callback you can redirect
user to another page, or just letting him to pass username/password.
That is solving this issue while the status error is still 401 which
is expected by other clients.

- benoît