Hi Benoit,

thanks for raising this again. I think we have a good plan to get started but
it wouldn't hurt to get a little more organised. I think the plan is as follows:

1. Move to git, this makes all the subsequent steps more easy.

2. srcmv, reorganising the source code so we are prepared to do all the things
    you mention and all the other things we talked about in the past :)

3. Profit.

--

As for my wish list, all this post the git move:

We could release 1.2 based off of current trunk + a few of the more
useful JIRA patches that we haven't committed yet.

After 1.2.x is branched, srcmv trunk and start the internal refactoring
and pluginnifying and release 1.3 off that.

At some point merging between before and after srcmv merging
patches is going to be a pain, so I'd like to keep that time as short
as possible and thus keep the differences between 1.2 and 1.3 (given
that these are the border cases) as small as possible.

Cheers
Jan