On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org> wrote:
> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.1.1
>
> Changes since round 2;
>
> * Remove basename() dependency, fixing Windows build.
>
> Git Note:
>
> While there is no current 1.1.1 tag in our git repository, there was such a
> tag
> during round 2, which you may still have locally. It will be created again
> when
> a round is successful, and a 'git pull --tags' will correctly update
> your tag. It is
> advisable, however, to simply delete this tag locally with 'git tag -d 1.1.1'.
> Future releases will not create any interim tags, so this is a
> one-time procedure.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
> results and vote to this thread.

>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/1.1.1/
>
> Instructions for validating the release tarball can be found here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/
>
> Instructions for testing the build artefacts can be found here:
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>
> These artifacts have been built from:
> af7a6ae52890c6c158615068f2a48d40c52ec538
>
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.md5
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.sha
>
> Test ALL the things.

Tests pass, signatures OK on osx snow leopard, latest ubuntu and fbsd 0.8.2 . J

S tests continue to fail on OSX lion from time to time with a bus
error (same error that the one reported in previous bug). According
filipe it is due to the openssl deprecated functions replaced by
opencrypt, but it's still not clear for me why it only hangs from time
to time.

Anyway I don't want to block the release with a -1 so I prefer to ask.
Imo we should at least add a note in the README. Also can we formally
confirm the error is due to this change and why it happen from time to
time?

- benoit