Randall, Till,

I had hoped I addressed this in my original mail, but let me try again :)

I'm in favour of all the things your are saying, but I'm trying to address this
scenario:

$ wget $url
$ tar xzf $archive
$ ./$dir/couchdb
  Time to relax.

All the other things we should also do, and please don't let me hold you back
from doing them :)

A lot of areas need improvement, and I'm attacking a small one without trying
to boil the ocean. If you think the above is a bad idea, please let me know, we
shouldn't do it.

But if you think it is okay, then lets do it. And then get to the next thing.

Cheers
Jan