On 16 November 2011 13:02, Filipe Manana (Resolved) (JIRA)
<j...@apache.org> wrote:

>     [
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1334?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
>  ]
>
> Filipe Manana resolved COUCHDB-1334.
> ------------------------------------
>
>       Resolution: Fixed
>    Fix Version/s:     (was: 1.2)
>                   1.3
>
> Latest patch applied against master.
>
>> Indexer speedup (for non-native view servers)
>>
>>                 Key: COUCHDB-1334
[snip]
>> The following 2 patches significantly improve view index generation/update
>> time and reduce CPU consumption.
>> The first patch makes the view updater's batching more efficient, by
>> ensuring each btree bulk insertion adds/removes a minimum of N (=100)
>> key/value pairts. This also makes the index file size grow not so fast with
>> old data (old btree nodes basically). This behaviour is already done in
>> master/trunk in the new indexer (by Paul Davis).
>> The second patch maximizes the throughput with an external view server (such
>> as couchjs). Basically it makes the pipe (erlang port) communication between
>> the Erlang VM (couch_os_process basically) and the view server more
>> efficient since the 2 sides spend less time block on reading from the pipe.

Hi Filipe,

Just a heads up, but I am consistently having the Erlang VM hang when
doing a master build today. Clearly, my issue may not be related to
this patch but I can't see anything else after a quick look in git
history that stands out.

As this uses the same Spidermonkey, Erlang R14B03 + patches etc as for
all my other builds, I am assuming this is a bug triggered by CouchDB
in the VM somewhere.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll both isolate the commit where things go awry,
and also find a way of getting some logging or a test case -- it would
be great to have a fix for this go into OTP/R15.

If you have time, or some advice to share, the binary build is at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeifcxpbtpo78ak/Snapshots/20111122

Thanks
Dave