On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 14:42, Dale Harvey <d...@arandomurl.com> wrote:
> I will happily volunteer to work on generating html output from whatever we
> store the documentation in, ultimately I think they should be integrated
> into futon, and I would request that whatever the documentation is stored
> in, that its its reasonably easy to parse and wrangle into your own output *

You bring up an amazing point. However we ship the documentation in
the source, it'd be cool to install it at /_docs or something. This
would be straightforward. It'd be easy for futon to embed that (but it
wouldn't be tied to futon). I'd love if the startup message had a link
to the "Getting Started" guide or something. That makes it a lot
friendlier for someone to browse the docs after installing CouchDB on
a remote server.

-Randall