Hi Joan,

I am interested.

Best regards,
CGS

On 12/14/2011 11:13 PM, Joan Touzet wrote:
Enrolment for the "Introduction to CouchDB Development" course is now
open at http://moodle.wohmart.com/ !

As previously described, this course will get you up to speed in Erlang
(40%), the fundamentals of how CouchDB is implemented (40%), and will
culminate in a small group project (20%).

There will be guest presentations from these illustrious contributors:
   * Randall Leeds
   * Bob Dionne
   * Adam Kocoloski
   * Dale Harvey
   * Paul Davis
   * Benoit Chesneau
   * Robert Newson
   * Jan Lehnardt
   * ...with more to come!

The course runs from 2012.1.9 - 2012.3.20 or so, with a commitment of
about 4-8 hours per week recommended. Also, be aware that this is an
online studio course, meaning it's run entirely online and in the open.
It's 100% free (as in beer and freedom).

Prerequisites:
   Strong knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably
     non-scripted [*]
   Know how to use CouchDB. This is not a CouchDB course.

To enrol:
   1. Reply to me privately by email, or via IRC (freenode's
      #couchdb, wohali), or via Twitter (@wohali).
   2. I will give you the enrolment key.
   3. Visit http://moodle.wohmart.com/ , select the course and register
      a new user using the provided enrolment key.

These people get priority enrolment until 12-16 since they expressed
early interest:
   Timothy Chen
   Roman Geber
   Matt Adams
   Bryan Green
   Sean Copenhaver
   Pete Vander Giessen
   Clifford Hung
   Dave Cottlehuber

See you there,
Joan

[*] If your only programming language is JavaScript, prepare to devote
more time to the course for the first 4 weeks. Moving to Erlang from
JavaScript will take more effort than if you have a background in at
least one non-scripting language.