On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 20:46, Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> More to the point though... I find replication is one of CouchDB's
> killer features and that's why some devs (like me and Paul) would
> rather see all_or_nothing vanish completely. If you need relational

Didn't mean to put words in Paul's mouth. It was Robert who said he'd
rather remove it.

> consistency but not replication you might be better served elsewhere.
> I won't tell you to go away (I love our users, and so I'm offering a
> lesser-known workaround with ?new_edits) but I won't mislead you about
> the goals of the project either.

On second reading I hope this didn't come across as harsh. I'm always
glad to help and offer alternatives. Furthermore, you're always
welcome to add such features yourself and perhaps there's community
interest in maintaining such a patch, but I would guess it's unlikely
to see upstream inclusion and probably fruitless to ask for the
committers to put time toward it.

-Randall