I experience massive reliability issues with continuous replications in my
app. Each user has an own profile db with a continuous replication to a
central database. Numbers: ~1800 dbs & ~2600 continuous replications (using
_replicator db), ~200 did not get started.

My hope is that others faced these issues before and found ways to fix or
work around them. So if you are a developer or know developers that have a
similar couchDB setup, would you mind to get me in touch? Thanks for your
help!

Tech info:
couchDB 1.1.1 (iriscouch)
max_dbs_open is set to 5000
no errors show up in _log
_replicate does not accept POST requests anymore
new replications from _replicator docs do not get picked up