Hi all,

I would like to start some work on my own to test how I can merge our
autotool build system and rebar to provide an erlang release and
distribute couchdb more easily. In refuge I consider that all the apps
in src/ are standalone app and each have their own history (old
couchdb history is kept) .  To create a release, the make distdir
collect all the deps and in one source dir and the archive is created
from that source directory. At the end the created release is the same
you have with couchdb and you don't need to have git installed to
build it. Packages created (deb, rpm & osx) are based on this source
release.

 Can we do the same in the apache project ? Ie having one git repo /
app ? Or do we still need to handle them in the same repo ? Just
wanted to ask to know how I should handle that or at least start the
integration of rebar.

Let me know,

- benoƮt