On 22 January 2012 15:49, Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> On 22 January 2012 13:28, Jeroen Janssen <jeroen.jans...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a quick check since I am not able to get (snappy) compression
>> working on windows.
>
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> Thanks for reporting this. AFAICT the snappy_nif.dll is not being copied
> during
> make dist or install.
>
> IIRC you ran into this last year on master and resulted in COUCHDB-1197 fixes.
> So I'm not sure what is missing on 1.2.x for this, or if its more
> likely an issue with
> my packaging steps.
>
> I'll keep you posted.
>
> BTW compression is on by default so no need to tweak ini files.
>
> A+
> Dave

Hi Jeroen,

While I look for why this is not working in the build,  can you copy
snappy_nif.dll [1] into $COUCH/lib/snappy-1.0.3/priv/ and then test
with snappy_test.erl courtesy of Filipe [2]?

3> pwd().
C:/couch/1.2.0a-8d83b39-git_otp_R15B_SDK7.1/bin
ok
4> c("/couch/snappy_tests").
{ok,snappy_tests}
5> snappy_tests:test().
  All 2 tests passed.
ok

Your higher-level compression tests should be fine.

[1]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeifcxpbtpo78ak/snapshots/20120116?v=l
[2]
https://github.com/fdmanana/snappy-erlang-nif/blob/master/test/snappy_tests.erl

A+