On Feb 7, 2012, at 12:50 , Noah Slater wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Jan Lehnardt <j...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'd suggest this looks like we are not using mochiweb.app.src at all
>> and we could either delete it or keep to keep file-parity with upstream.
>>
>> (file-parity interlude, I'd prefer to keep upstream directories in as
>> much of the original shape as possible to make upgrades more obvious
>> and less error prone)
>

> Keep.

>>> This can probably be deleted outright assuming make check doesn't try
>>> and use it (and I don't think it does).
>>
>> File-parity. I'd say we keep it.
>

> Keep.

>>> No idea what this business is. An artefact of the snappy build? Just
>> delete it?
>>
>> Makefile.in gets generated by ./bootstrap and is used by ./configure
>> to produce Makefile. We should absolutely keep this and put it in
>> EXTRA_DIST.
>

> My error, this is actually fine and doesn't need modification.

>>> EXTRA_DIST? Delete?
>>
>> File-parity. I'd say we keep it.
>

> My gut tells me we should remove this, but I'm not sure. I can see your
> arguments. What have we done in the past? I can't remember. Do any of the
> other libraries we bundle include documentation files in the source that we
> have removed?

I don't think we have a strict policy (aside from licensing and NOTICE
guidelines) and whoever was responsible for bringing in a library did
whatever they felt like.

I just know from updating a few libraries to newer versions over time
that being diligent about pruning files strictly not needed made the
update process a bit more tedious. Hence my suggestion to make it easier
for future us's.

Cheers
Jan