On Feb 15, 2012, at 03:22 , Brian Mitchell wrote:

> Has there been any discussion around BigCouch integration strategies? It
> seems like it would fit the bill for the next undertaking on the general
> couch side. Does anyone from Cloudant have a suggestion for the timeline here?

Cloudant havent't yet approached Apache CouchDB with anything
regarding their announcement.

> Any other work from mobile builds and the like might be interesting to
> support. Were there any interesting changes to pull in from the mobile and
> embedded device ports? Also, I'm not sure where the view engine refactoring
> work ended up… I'll look at JIRA but maybe there are specific follow-ups to
> be made here.

The biggest one IIRC was the use of emonk instead of an external Spidermonkey
for iOS. Maybe we can make that a compile option like ./configure
--enable-emonk-view-server so people can choose which one to run.

> Finally, for our included javascript libraries and Futon runtime, are we
> going to replace or update anything here? I'd imagine a newer jQuery could be
> an advantage for those doing CouchApps.

Good that you bring this up. There's also other upstream dependencies that we
should look at updating and we don't have a process for that, it usually
happens whenever a developer feels like it. I haven't thought about this much
yet, but maybe "update all dependencies" could be a todo before a release
branch is created?

Cheers
Jan