Hey,

[ CC'd user@ to get more feedback. ]

I made some progress.

I have builds for the following more or less ready:

 * karmic
 * lucid
 * maverick
 * oneiric
 * natty
 * precise

It's building and I am trying to refine the process a bit. So it might break in
between [aka WIP]. I'm just adding this as a disclaimer.

https://launchpad.net/~till-php/+archive/couchdb

Would you mind testing my builds? :) So far, I only tested lucid briefly (and
ran into the xulrunner issue, which I think I have auto-fixed now). Besides I
just started it up, created a DB and entered some docs into it.

(Also, @Jan:)

I'm trying to figure out how to setup more automated testing. "make check"
always requires the source tree to be present, I'd like "make check" against my
installed binaries. I saw the "verify installation" in Futon – something like
that for the command line so I can iterate on these builds and trigger a "test
this" in a continuous integration setup. Building is part of it, but since
building a binary and installing it are two separate steps I want to ensure
that the second step also works. I am still trying to wrap my head around a
setup where I can maybe knife up a few instances in THE CLOUD, install my
package, run its test-suite and confirm.

Till