On 21 June 2012 08:57, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>> Being able to build from source without a network connection is likely a
>> plus for packagers & maintainers.
>
> Not really. As a packager, I would much prefer a clear list of
> (released versions of) dependencies, including the possibility of
> building against system versions of libraries. I guess patches to
> dependencies are clear, though it would really help if those could
> just go upstream.

Hey Dirkjan,

I think we're only talking about OTP apps (snappy, ejson/jiffy, mochiweb) here.
Would you want those as separate packages?

For libraries (javascript, erlang, curl, icu) I totally agree, and I
don't think we
have any of those included in source tree today, nor would we be adding them.

A+
Dave