On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Garren Smith <g...@redcometlabs.com> wrote:

> On 01 Nov 2012, at 2:37 PM, Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 09:56, Garren Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Could we seperate this out of Couchdb as a pure couchapp for now? Might
>>> make it easier to work on.
>>
>> I think keeping it in a fork of CouchDB is good. It hopefully addresses some
>> of Noah's concerns re visibility and will help keep us honest (e.g. stop us
>> from diverging away from an end goal of something served out of _utils).
>> There's nothing stopping people deploying as a couchapp out of that source
>> tree though, once I merge in your patch :D
> I think it will make life a lot easier to have it in its own repository.
> There is a lot of unnecessary overhead in developing a js frontend around the
> couchdb code base.
>
>>> Simon could you share your wireframes with everyone?
>>
>> Yes, we're working on that now (amongst other things).
>>> We have an issues list here https://github.com/Futon/Futon.Next/issues
>>> Should we keep using that as our todo list for Fauxton?
>>
>> Yeah, I think that's a decent place. I've been using trello recently which
>> is another nice tool for tracking progress (orthogonal to a todo), maybe
>> that's OTT, though.
> Lets use issues for now and if we need more help tracking progress we can
> move to Trello. Could you or Russel say what you guys are currently working
> on w.r.t Fauxton and where other developers could initially get involved?
> Maybe this should all be done on the issues.
>
>> Cheers
>> Simon
>>

> Cheers
> Garren

Ok we'll add some tickets to issues on the Futon.Next repo.

The next thing I'm working on is expanding the plugin system and
building a pluggable backend so that the CouchDB API module can be
swapped out. As for other open areas, there is a lot of functionality
that needs to get fleshed out. It would also be great if someone
wanted to jump on things like _config and _logs. We're in the process
of getting the wireframes together, so for now we're just focusing on
functionality and less on look and feel.

-Russell