On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Dustin Sallings (JIRA) <j...@apache.org> wrote:

>     [
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1259?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13490465#comment-13490465
>  ]
>
> Dustin Sallings commented on COUCHDB-1259:
>

> Note:  My local address changes at least twice a day when I go into the
> office.  The other end of my replication doesn't.  It's hard to argue that
> this behavior is desirable.

i am with my laptop in an office. Start a replication with a remote node.

my laptop get an ip/port from dhcp, the remote has an ip / address.

I'm moving in another office. connect to the dhcp. there is also a
remote node with same ip/adress port than the first one but for
confidentiality i shouldn't replicate to it. It is expected that the
replication stop at this point.

This scenario is more obvious if we take the example of someone gong
from one stair to the other using the wifi.

- benoit