On 14 November 2012 19:34, Joan Touzet <jo...@atypical.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am unable to make today's meeting so I wanted to give a status update.
>
> I've resurrected my work on packaging CouchDB using WiX for Win32. I
> also have recently written new BigCouch wrappers for rpm and deb and am
> happy to help get these done up for CouchDB.
>
> What I'm looking for is an interested committer (dch? tilgovi?) who is
> willing to work with me to help get these patches landed on the tree. My
> goal specifically would be:
>
> 1. Get all of the bits necessary to build packages into the repo,
> possibly using downstream distro bits as a starting point for deb/rpm
>
> 2. Ensure that the bits work
>
> 3. Consult with our downstream distros for any changes they'd like to
> see in our repo directly
>
> 4. profit, etc.
>
> Noah, what is the hard cutoff date for changing the repo? Would there be
> any leeway to change only things that affect the build process/packaging
> instead of the code itself?
>
> -Joan
>
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2012 at 07:04:09PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
>> Hey guys! What's the current status of the build/packaging work? Would LOVE
>> to get some of this done for 1.3! <g>
>>
>> On 29 October 2012 17:58, Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > i can probably help as well. rcouchx is using a simple makefile but that
>> > can be ported to autools imo

>> > is
>> > Github,

>> > look

>> > you

>> > to.

>> > d...@jsonified.com

>> > emails.

>> > packages.

>> > need

>> > an
>> > people

>> > in

>> --
>> NS
>
> --
> Joan Touzet | jo...@atypical.net | wohali everywhere else

Woo!! I can't speak for the unix stuff (other than I'll be delighted
to help test it) but yup I am up for the windows world. Just point me
at it. And give me a day to re-read the WiX book.. Having an MSI as
the default package makes sense to me,  and I will prepare a nuget
package this time around, it seems to be gaining ground:
http://chocolatey.org/, should be straightforward.

Personally I would prefer to roll 1.3.0 soon (timebound) and then give
a period for the new approaches to settle down before they go into git
master. Shipping MSI binaries based off 1.3.0 vs shipping a binary
made directly from 1.3.0 is largely semantics for end users.

If its not a big change and I've done my docs stuff (mea culpa) then
let's do it.

A+
Dave