On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 15 March 2013 20:13, matt j. sorenson <m...@sorensonbros.net> wrote:
>
>> What I get back is "this is what we've always done, so this is what we'll
>> always do", which is fine.
>>

> I think that's a little unfair, Matt.
>
> Admittedly, my first instinct is to say "this is policy, it's not changing,
> suck it up." But only because explaining policy takes time, and well, I am
> a pretty lazy person. But I very specifically went out of my way so as not
> to prop up my arguments by saying that they were policy and therefor were
> beyond reproach. I explained what our goal is wrt communication, and why
> the mailing list policy supports that goal. And even made it explicit that
> policy can be changed. (Just to make DOUBLE sure, in my own mind, that I
> was not resting on the "this is how we've always done it, so this is how
> we'll always do it" line of argument.)

Just a note, but if you mean the "all project changes go through dev@"
policy then I'd point out that while its theoretically true, that
change would be akin to convincing the world that the sky is no longer
blue.

>> And I apologize if I'm rocking the boat too much.
>>

> CouchDB is a do-ocracy. And that includes boat-rocking.

Plus who ever wrote a book about calm waters?

"Today I went sailing and caught a whale. The end." probably wouldn't
have done much for Melville's career.