Hey guys,

Just following up on this, as it's been five days. And I can't move ahead
without help.

At a minimum, we need to create the 1.4.x branch. But I'd really like for
us to properly document our merge procedure (which has languished because I
don't know Git well enough to fill out the details) and then for us to call
a vote on it, so that we can move forward as we originally planned to, with
features only landing on a release branch with tests, docs, etc.

If someone wants to volunteer to pair with me, perhaps we can knock this
out?

Thanks,

--
NS