Hi folks,

We're moving the docs to the source, which is great!

However, we still have some stuff that we wanna keep on the wiki for now:

 * Weekly news (not started yet)
 * Merge procedure
 * Release procedure
 * Release preparation
 * Test procedure
 * Committer election process
 * PMC election process
 * Community guide
 * Roadmap process
 * Board reports
 * Board report guide
 * Code of conduct
 * PMC charter
 * By-laws
 * Marketing guide
 * CouchDB vision stuff

Um. Probably more stuff. That's just stuff I am interested in working on.
Anyway, this is all project-level stuff. Doesn't belong on the homepage,
doesn't belong in the manual.

I've been editing the wiki more and more recently, and I gotta tell you:
it's a bag of shit. I mean really, I pressed "submit" on a change about 20
seconds before sending this email, and I'm still writing this email, and
the page is still loading.

I dunno if any of you have had any experience with the wiki recently, but
it's been this slow for months. And I am not confident it's gonna get any
better.

For that reason, I keep thinking about moving to Confluence. I'm not sure
how much work is involved in that. Perhaps people wanna help out?

Might be a nice opportunity to clear out the stuff that is in Moin, that we
don't want there any more, because it's in the docs. (i.e. We just wouldn't
move it over.)

If you don't regularly edit the wiki, I'm hoping you wont mind the proposed
move. As I say, as someone who is using it fairly regularly, it is causing
me a lot of problems.

(Though, I really don't need to be adding work to my plate. Perhaps someone
else would be interested in moving the content over? Eugh.)

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater