Hi everyone,

I asked my self how you are merging a feature branch into master here in
the CouchDB project. I started this as a question in IRC so sorry for
duplication.

Usually I do this:

- create feature branch from master
- work on feature branch
- rebase the work on the feature branch into one commit
- rebase master into feature branch
- checkout master
- merge feature branch into master
I know there are many ways to do this task and believe me I had many many
discussions on that. What I want to know, is how it is done here and then I
will follow the way.

I discussed Jan's commit 659699de with Dave and understood, that all
commits from the feature branch are still there and on top is a info merge
commit with all messages. So that's the way it should be?

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk