In its current form, couchapp.org is a relic that has been mostly abandoned
and is not maintainable by the community. I strongly feel we should move
the couchapp documentation into official documentation. I see two relevant
points of interest in this discussion. First is the notion of couchapps as
the self contained application platform that utilizes show/list functions,
and whether these should be included in CouchDB. I don't think this is the
important issue at hand.

The bigger issue is that the defacto method of defining design documents is
to use one of the many "couchapp" tools, and the only place this is
documented as a whole is couchapp.org. This is a disservice to the
community, and one that needs to be resolved. This is a constant source of
confusion to new users who quickly realize the futility of defining design
docs in the browser, and get lost when told "just use a couchapp", and then
they inevitably end up clicking on the top google result for "couchapp",
couchapp.org. We need to have this properly documented in the official
documentation so that the process is fully defined for new users.

A couple of options for approach would be to formalize the folder
definition of a couchapp and list tools known to be compatible, or to
officially bless a tool like Erica. While I do want to see Fauxton provide
powerful editors for all the different function types, I don't think this
is sufficient as people typically want to keep their design docs raw code
under SCM. Whatever approach is taken, I think the number one priority here
is ensuring proper documentation explaining to users best practices for
defining and maintaining design docs.

-Russell