Hello,

I cross post this since it seems better to follow up on the developers mailing list.

I started to work from Jan's my-first-couchdb-plugin to adapt the LDAP feature from chao into a couchDB plugin.
https://github.com/franck-eyraud/ldap-auth-couchdb-plugin

Up to now, I managed to do it, by adding an auth handler.

But in order to develop a plugin, I would need to know where it is possible to hook to change behaviour.

I'd say that a list of pluggable points of the code, from people who know very well the couchdb architecture, would be very useful. I didn't find such resource on the web, and I have the feeling that it doesn't exist. Would it be possible to have such a list, even in draft version just to begin. I can then contribute to the documentation to help future plugin developers.

Up to now I only counted three public plugins, including two real ones : CouchPerUser, GeoCouch and MyFirstCouchdbPlugin (and the new born LdapAuth)

I would like to know for instance if features that act more deep inside the couchdb engine, such as the validate_doc_read function, could be made as plugin ?

Thank you for your help,

Franck