We wont know until we try. Perhaps that's why an experiment would be a
good idea?

non-committer is interested (i.e. might've commented) they are free to
subscribe too.

And yes, I hear you about mail filters. But not everybody does use
them, or wants to use them. And really, we should be doing everything
we can to make the lists an easy place to be.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater