On 02/13/2014 05:08 PM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

I guess this why we created the launchpad, It's possible to add a
debian target on it i think. If anyone want to be added let me know.

- beoit

Have a link to this? I am not familiar with debian packaging at all. But I think it would be smart to talk to the debian couchdb maintainer nonetheless.

I grit my teeth on the various debian couchdb related pages and found this:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/couchdb.html

Judging from comments on a bug [1] Laszlo Boszormenyi is actively maintaining the debian package.

Apparently [2] there are some problems with old libs (libnspr4-0d) and non-mainstream platforms because the erlang-base-hipe dependency is not satisfiable there. No idea how critical that is.

There is a list of bugs [3] that appear in debian, some of them seem fixed in current CouchDB, but it would be worth double checking I think.

I guess I could reach out to the debian maintainer and see if I can help him somehow, any other ideas?

[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=735501
[2]: http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=testing&package=couchdb
[3]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=couchdb;dist=unstable#_0_3_4