I think the right thing to do is have some kind of "expecting more docs? Check
your <advanced options>" message if the number of docs is less than the page
size, and advanced options are set.

The alternative is removing the limit option, which doesn't solve the problem
for other limiting options, or having conditional messaging around the page
size.