All,

The PMC would like to move forward towards establishing an Apache CouchDB
Developer Code of Conduct (CoC for short). To make that happen, we need your
help.

We do not at this time have a specific text proposal.  We'd like to open that
up to contributions from the developer community. Examples of CoCs from other
projects that you feel are well-crafted would be most welcome.

For my contribution: the long-standing Debian project has just voted in their
Code of Conduct. I encourage you to review the text of this CoC at
http://www.debian.org/vote/2014/vote_002 as I think it might be a good starting
place for our efforts. Many of the points (such as having discussion on
development direction should be made in public) are directly parallel to
tenants upheld by the ASF and CouchDB itself.

-Joan