Hi Nadeeshaan and welcome to the CouchDB mailing list :)

CouchDB is a database written in Erlang with an HTTP API. We have an
Admin-Interface (think of PHP MyAdmin) which is a
Single-Page-JavaScript MVC App. It started as a Backbone.js project,
but we are currently migrating to React.js for performance reasons.

The CouchDB community is a very nice and inclusive community - I
really enjoy being a part of it!

I tried to write a short tutorial how you can get Fauxton running on
your machine. Don't worry if you are stuck or have questions, we are
happy to help!

Getting started:

It would be nice if you have Linux/Unix running on your machine (or
something like "git bash" in place, but I a no expert in development
on windows) so we can exchange code snippets for the console.

Pre-requirements:
For this project you will need to install at least CouchDB 1.x, an
Ubuntu package (with installation instructions) is at
https://launchpad.net/~couchdb/+archive/ubuntu/stable

Additionally you need to install Node.js 0.10 or 0.12 (install from
https://nodejs.org)

Booting Fauxton and first steps (type without the $):

after you have couchdb installed you start it with:
$  couchdb

if you have a permissions problem try:
$ sudo couchdb

in another terminal, clone the admin interface:
$ git clone https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fauxton

go to Fauxton
$ cd couchdb-fauxton

install dependencies:
$ npm install
$ npm install -g grunt grunt-cli

boot the app:
$ grunt dev

Then open your browser and go to http://localhost:8000 - you should
see a red/gray/black interface

That was a lot of input, you have a lot archived now!

As first step, try to create a database and a document now using the
web interface. :)

If everything worked, we are ready for the second part, explaining
revisions of documents. I am currently travelling but in general I am
also on freenode in #couchdb-dev and can give you ad-hoc help and help
troubleshooting. My nick is robertkowalski/rkowalski - I am also happy
to share my screen if the problem is more complex.

What's next:
If everything works we will take a look at Fauxtons code structure and
how it works. Additionally we will take a look at document revisions.

Looking forward to work with you,
Robert