> On 22 Dec 2015, at 23:02, Jan Lehnardt <j...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Heya,
>
> I’ve started writing some documentation that I’d like to start pointing
> testes at soonish.
>
> It’s an incomplete draft as of now and I’d love some help on some of the
> sections. I’ve left a number of TODOs in the margins that should be easy to
> pick up. If you have any questions, do let me know:
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BtndYr-0KDQTqBSLVdJoR_8C5ObYjT1RBo_Qyh5ykdQ/edit#

This is now more or less complete*. I fixed one more issue that prevented us
from building CouchDB from within a release tarball and then ran through
various setup scenarios:

- Docker’d cluster on Digital Ocean
- Single-node setup locally
- Manual form-source install on three different Digital Ocean VMs, and using
the setup Wizard to form a cluster

…and added instructions for all of them to the doc.

*although it doesn’t cover Windows yet, please help :)

* * *

Please all give this a spin over the holidays, or after and augment the doc
where needed (I’ve switched it to edit suggestions, let me know your Google
account when you want full editing access)

* * *

I’m very happy we all got this far! And personally I had hoped we get this up
and running before the Christmas holidays so we hit a close one here :)

Thanks everyone for all your hard work all year round and enjoy the first round
of CouchDB 2.0 alphas! :)

Best
Jan
--