Hi,

as always (esp. with security): it depends and you should have a thorough
plan about how 2 secure. There is really no serious general and binary
answer to the question. From a functional point of view, the nodes in a
cluster need to talk to each other over Erlang RPC and calling applications
need to be able to reach the HTTP endpoint.

Best
    Sebastian