I can see that erl.exe actually crashes during the indexing, can someone
please tell me if the dump looks normal  ?

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=39457175902042589414

I don't know what to think about the :

processes_used: 2477758424

And more generally can't read between the lines yet with Erlang stuff. This is
the first time CouchDb ever breaks for me, and as usual this kind of thing
always happen at the worst time possible.

These documents are basically books (storing them as one is better for design
reasons). If I remove them all, and only post one book, the indexing goes
without any issue. I can somehow live with that for time being - thanks God I
own the product.... - but I cannot realistically expect that carefully indexing
one big document at a time can be a mid-term solution for an application in
production.

I can recognize when I'm sitting on a bombshell, and I'm a bit concerned right
now.