Hi,

I’ve openend a number of PRs today that either increase timeouts or
add better logging on the test side:

  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/517
  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/518
  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/519
  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/520
  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/521
  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/522
  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/523

(Ironically, some of their respective tests fail intermittently because
of a timeout error that is addressed in another one. I’m monitoring Travis
to see if I can get them to pass eventually)

My theory for many of these is that there is a case on a low-power
VM where cluster (n=1 or otherwise) can return a 500 error intermittently.

I’ve linked issues that I suspect fall under this to COUCHDB-3413:

We’re waiting for Joan’s PR about preserving error logs to land before
we can see more clearly what is going on:

  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/514

I’ve commented on a few others where we’d need more thorough debugging
tools (i.e. the couchjs SIGSEGV), or where I’m out of my depth. It’d
be great if others can look into those as well.

Thanks!
Jan