Hi everyone!

I've been working the last few days on getting the PSE PRs rebased on
master to get that feature merged in. There are two PRs [1,2]
associated with this work. Given that this is a fairly decent change
I'm running the bases on making sure everyone has buy in to it before
just pulling the trigger.

My plan now is to merge [1] which is mostly just a lot of code
curation to remove the publicly accessible `#db{}` record along with a
few extras to allow for rolling reboots of a cluster. After merging
this PR we'll wait a few weeks to let it soak and then merge [2] which
introduces the actual PSE APIs/feature. Also of note is that even [2]
isn't really *that* scary as its the same implementation as we
currently have for all database storage, its merely adding the various
hooks and configuration to allow for new storage implementations.

Normally our window for this sort of thing would be 72 hours for lazy
consensus but I'll not do anything till Monday which gives everyone
the weekend given that this is a decent sized feature. And as a heads
up I'm only considering this email in regards to [1]. I'll send
another email with a similar heads up time before merging [2].

Thanks,
Paul J. Davis

[1] https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/495
[2] https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/496