Hi everyone,

we’ve had some great fixes come in since we release 2.3.0 in early December.

Some of those fixes should make it into our user’s hands sooner than later.

I’ve prepared a branch, rebased against 2.3.x so we can use a PR to look over
the differences.

I went through all commits to master since 2.3.0 and picked all fixes that
I thought should make it in, plus a tiny feature that’s extremely useful
(h/t Joan). I might have missed your favourite fix or feature, so now is
your time to speak up on what else you’d like included:

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1908

If you want to contest including anything that’s already there, speak up,
too.

The only not-so-nice thing is dropping of previously supported Erlang
releases in a patch release, but there is no way around that with the
one Mochiweb update we need in there.

I think it is fine if we put it up top into the release announcement.

Best
Jan